Saturday, December 5, 2009

I have learned some things in my life.  I'm happier now than I used to be.  Happy is now my default way of being. And the sensation isn't what I used to think it was.  It's nice to jump to my feet when my team wins the Super Bowl, but that's something else.  A moment of excitement. What I am experiencing is quieter.  Kind of like the pleasure of seeing your child graduate, or being publicly thanked for your work.  A warm place.  A nice place to spend time.  Troubles still happen, deaths in the family, grief is still real, but where I return to is the nice place.  I'd like to help others find this nice place.

I thought I was unique.  Ha!  As I talk with my 60+ year old contemporaries, I find we have all gone through many growth experiences.  We have all looked into spirituality, self-development, or ways to help US society. My high school classmates have been working on themselves as well.  Many of us discovered ways of being that allow us to be freer or more focused, appreciative, relaxed and in different ways, happier.

No comments: